Glamorouse

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Slackness of late: pictorial evidence

So, yes, I have been very slack of late in the posting department. Here are some of the reasons why (if I can get fucking Picasa to work): First came The Dog, Bessie, aka Bessie Boo, aka ooggi-di-wooggi-dee-Bessie-baby-boo-de-Best-Doggie-In-The_Worrrld (and no, I rarely speak to my children that way, but then, they don't come when I whistle or sit down when I ask) Bess is year older than the Pea Princess (so now nearly nine) and had an illicit litter of pups two weeks before the Princess was born. We were fat ladies together then, and we're fat ladies once again together now. She's been living with my dad for the past four years but since his illness in hospital here, she has finally moved back home and we couldn't be happier (well, we could actually be just a tiny bit happier if she would keep any one of the bazillion-trillion or so hairs ON.HER.BACK instead of on my rug. It's a little thing but it would mean a lot.) Also, it was a January job to finish off a half-done project from winter. Here is the Water Pot in action, complete with musically splashy fountain head and recently freed from the aquarium goldfish (the flash of orange there towards the left)... After the Water Fountain came the much larger task of deck and garden bed relocation from this: which admittedly was not so bad... to this: shithouse picture on account of the camera, while recently frightened into good behaviour by my threat of throwing it in the bin, still being, intrinsically, an outdated bushel of crap. Pictured here in their blurry glory are The Prof, at work, and the Gorgeous Boy, supervising the construction of the new seat with Golden Peach in hand. Mummy designed the new seat, Daddy built it - that's partly why we're still married. the new garden beds, of course, require new plantings. I have very strong feelings about planting in limited garden space: anything planted has to earned its keep in either scent or edibility or preferably both, Mostly, as such, I plant herbs and the GB (above) is sitting next to a bed of four different thymes, oregano and margoram and apple mint (if you don't know apple mint, get to know it - it's divine).

Here are some samples, left to right, white thyme, variegated lemon thyme, more white thyme, golden marjoram with a bonus coriander poking out from the top:

And finally, just having lots and lots of kid time (as opposed to blogging time) like during today's overcast summer day at home, when we played dress-ups: So I wish I could believe this pic would appear the right way up for you. however, since I have decided to ignore Picasa's desire to have a bad hair day (night) I suspect you, too, will be seeing my two fairy/angel/ ballerinas sideways... mtc, tomorrow, when I may actually manage to post things in a more vertical fashion Bec

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog, maybe its time to register your own domain, so you wont have to even mess with picasa or even blogger for that matter! michele sent me.....

2/05/2006 01:04:00 am  
Blogger kenju said...

Hi, Bec, thanks for the visit! I scan the photos directly and then open Picasa. They do have a little thingy where you can turn the photos around - did you see it? I enjoyed seeing your photos; ou are lucky to have a man who can build things!

2/05/2006 01:21:00 am  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Here via Michele's :)

I talk babytalk to my newest kitten. Oddly his name is Oogie!

Have a great weekend!

2/05/2006 01:28:00 am  
Blogger blackbird said...

I really want one of those kinds of water fountains as we live near a busy road and it would mask some of the sound.

Also the ballerinas.

2/05/2006 07:06:00 am  
Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

i use to pick up women with babytalk, but something went horribly wrong when they tried to put diapers on me.

Michele sent me ;)

2/05/2006 04:25:00 pm  
Blogger WendyWings said...

If I talked to my babies the way I talk to our dog they would lock me up for verbal abuse.
Michele didn't send me :)

BTW People will think that picture is sideways because you are down under. Or in my case next door lol

2/05/2006 04:28:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice photos of SUMMER. I remember summer. It's when you wear little dresses and sandals and eat fresh fruit, right? Sigh.

Here via Michele

2/05/2006 04:39:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

As a family soon to own two dogs (at some stage this year) who have specifically selected a non-shedding dog, I am now very pleased. As while a dog as beautiful as Bessie was near the top of the list, the thought of having to contend with dog hair as well as the normal amount of CRAP on the floor in this house as we return to the land of a crawling, everthing in the mouth child would be enough to send me screaming back to my happy pills.

2/05/2006 05:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home