Glamorouse

Sunday, January 22, 2006

When lulled into a sermon by pretty pictures

Bec tricked me this morning. I thought it was going to be about Balmoral, but I didn't care because it was a Bec post and a LONG Bec post. The best. But then she came on all preachy at me about the comments thing which was annoying. But then she was right and that was even more annoying. Anyway, I get what she's saying - about going forth and commenting elsewhere to get comments back. But it just doesn't make sense. You comment because you have something to add, or some feedback, or something, not just because you're there. That's why I get so unjusly neurotic about, because surely someone has something to say/add/comment about my dull pedestrian life? I get the whole Michele thing and yes it can be addictively kinda fun. But it also strikes me as kinda lame and well, when it comes to generating any form of output from me if there is lameness involved forget it. I'd sooner sit on the couch flicking through 40 channels of crap eating Kettle chips or Connoiseaur ice cream. In any flavour. Every day I religiously read 11 other blogs. I know, I am an idiot. Imagine if I spent that time on my creative writing. Anyway, three of those are so ridiculously famous I don't ever expect to hear from them. The others I comment when I see fit. Sure, sometimes I'm just 'needing some quiet time' so don't say anything. Sometimes their posts touch me, make me laugh, or make me think and I don't say anything, because enough already with the public adulation you're so great schmaltz. So you see, I get why people don't comment, because they probably think in a similar way to me. Poor souls. And I hate the comments which are all 'you go get 'em partner' so really, why comment at all. You can see I'm spending way too much time on this. I like the nits idea. It's just the '0'. 0 comments. So glaringly 'you have no friends'. So I'm going to fix it. As Bec would say, mtc.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

PS - if it's any consolation in a purely romantic kind of way, our last hit via a search engine was from someone listed in Casablanca, Morocco, who was actually looking for us by our full URL.

1/22/2006 10:18:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

WOW. Now that's cool. Do you think it was Bogart or Becall.

Wait.

Sorry, just getting carried away.

1/22/2006 11:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home