Glamorouse

Thursday, January 19, 2006

More than dust, dead roaches and spiderwebs

In my vain attempt to fit all our crap into an area about a third the size of what we need (and yes Bec I'll quit whinging because I know we have about a bazillion square miles more than you have and all of your offspring are mobile already) I uncovered lots of interesting things. Photos of me with unplucked eyebrows. Dear GOD they made Brooke Shields look like she had pencil lines for brows. I knew this but Mum had basically put the fear of God into me about plucking them. It was only when I was coordinating a national modelling competition (OH THE IRONY) that a professional make-up artist almost gagged on seeing them and pinned me down with tweezers was that social mishap rectified. Then there's the photo of me with Heath Ledger, again due to the model comp and LONG before true fame was even on the horizon. Interestingly, he was LOVELY. Not the prickly, jaded, attitude grouch he is now. Anyway. I found this, and thought for fun it might be interesting to see if any of it has changed. Kim does Proust What is your favourite journey? 1996: Travelling into the unknown (I know, even I went "what the?") 2006: To pick up my kids What is your idea of perfect happiness? 1996: Sunday mornings, lazing in bed, eating croissants and drinking hot chocolate (at least I recognised I was onto a good thing) 2006: Quiet. Hanging out with just the five of us. What is your greatest fear? 1996: Failure 2006: Something happening to my kids Which living person do you most admire? 1996: People who triumph over adversity 2006: People who never give up What is your most marked characteristic? 1996: Distraction 2006: Determination What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? 1996: Self doubt 2006: My mindset What or who is the greatest love of your life? 1996: My AB (Chef) and food 2006: Chef and the boys. And food. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? 1996: Dieting 2006: Feeling hopeless and disempowered What is your greatest extravagance? 1996: Flowers, shoes, clothes 2006: Magazines What is the trait you most deplore in others? 1996: Laziness, stupidity, insincerity, taking things too literally 2006: Cowardice Which words or phrases do you most overuse? 1996: Really? 2006: Fuck. Move Away. Dinner's ready. No. Stop. I said no. What is your greatest regret? 1996: No regrets 2006: Not owning our own home. It is now a reality that we will not own our own home until all our various parents are dead. On what occasion do you lie? 1996: To not hurt people 2006: When I need time out and tell the boys its 8 o'clock and time for bed and it's really 7. I'm making the most of this until they can tell the time or don't believe everything I say. When and where were you happiest? 1996: 1990 trip to Italy 2006: Our wedding day and the birth of the three boys. That is pure joy. What do you consider your greatest achievement? 1996: Getting up in the morning (oh we're laughing up here in the stalls at that one) 2006: My children What is your most treasured possession? 1996: My imagination 2006: My imagination What is your favourite occupation? 1996: Cooking with AB 2006: Baking What is the quality you most like in a man? 1996: Courage, humour, generosity 2006: Humour, generosity, dedication What is the quality you most like in a woman? 1996: Courage, humour, generosity 2006: Humour, openness, honesty Which historical figure do you most identify with? 1996: Any tragic figure, I'm a drama queen at heart 2006: Helen Keller How would you like to die? 1996: Happy 2006: Quickly If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what would it be? 1996: Someone destined for greatness (PULEESE) 2006: Someone rich, happy and helping others. Right. So that would be Oprah or Dr Phil then, I guess. What is your motto? 1996: Strive for the highest 2006: Never give up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home