Glamorouse

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Stop the presses

I've been getting that slippery sliding feeling of impending darkness and Cruella DeVille squashing my Mary Poppins between two fingers. A begrudging sense that my mat leave isn't all about gooing and gaaing over the sprogget, but just the domestic oblivion of cleaning, washing, bills, no money that sent me to hell two times over. Then I got a returned call from the tax office. My tax debt, that has been hanging over my head for the last four years, and that made the last financial year really really ugly as I struggled to pay it off, is p.a.i.d. o.f.f. Not only that, my account is in credit and they're going to pay it back to me before Christmas. Suddenly I don't care how many l0ads of washing I have to do - all is much much better with the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Lordy you are a prolific blogger. But I'm glad you're feeling better.

Elvis Costello is a good mood-lifter when you're feeling blue. But if sanding and painting tables floats your boat, go with it girl!

(Hey, I don't suppose the tax refund was $17,000 was it? That would be spookily convenient).

12/07/2005 11:57:00 am  
Blogger Ally said...

Hello, I'm visiting via Michelle - you're above me in the I Spy game. Glad you've got a tax refund, debt is so horrible.

12/07/2005 10:24:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home