Glamorouse

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Oh yeah, I'm back and I'm still shallow

Back to rouse up Glamorouse after two weeks with NO INTERNET ACCESS. Have almost caught up on Kim's postings which are, as ever, insightful, thought-provoking, intelligent and deep, deep, deep - especially the hornbag one about Robbie Williams: girl, I hope you had the grace to blush for the sake of your 26 week incubus. There's no better way to make a holiday feel longer than it really is than to spend it with your three children, and I mean that in the nicest possible way, I really do. I can feel a list coming on; let's make it Holiday Highlights:
  1. The professor brought me coffee in bed EVERY morning, because I didn't have to get up first
  2. Most days I also got breakfast
  3. Some days, when the kids slept in, I got even more, which was strangely relaxing and confirms that Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she invented recreational sex (ahead of red wine and Prozac)
  4. I got to read the newspapers for fun
  5. Some days I did BOTH the Sudoku AND the cryptic crossword in the Herald
  6. We went to the zoo - man, how I love the zoo
  7. My Dad came for an unplanned vist, which could have been manic but was actually really nice
  8. The two littlies saw their first ever "big movie" - Madagascar - and have ever since been entertaining us big people with lemur-style duets of "I like to move it move it"
  9. We packed picnic lunches and took them to the park
  10. The first time we picnicked my gorgeous nearly-three boy suddenly realised that instead of our usual playground routine, the holidays meant unlimited access to rice cakes, the slide AND his mum and came strolling over to me (and the rice cakes) with a huge smile, saying "It's a perfect day, mummy"

So now I'm back on line, but technical problems (the Prof's lost the cable) mean that I don't have access to my work connection so I feel free to play around with the Glamorouse and have been trying to work out the image uploading by putting a pic on my profile box.

Ah, which pic to choose? The one I really wanted was the shrouded in steam pic Kim's photographer took when Kim was being a glamorous (no E) foodie magazine editor, because shrouded in steam, or fog, or thick black plastic, is my best angle these days. Can't find that one though (kim, help?) so went for the next best thing - a favourite pic from (ahem) some years back...

I think it's transparently obvious to anyone reading this blog - myself included - that one of us is meaningfully engaging the world in all its large and small parts, and the other is just wishing her own large parts could fit back into those jeans.

mtc

bec

PS - I should point out that I was secretly six weeks pregnant with my first child when this shot was taken and while I didn't want to drink the wine, it would have been too obvious to others that I was pregnant if I'd just sat there with it ... so when the Pea Princess misses out on her university scholarship by 1 mark we can safely trace the fault back to this gestational moment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bec, I have an excellent pic of you skulling a stubbie of Carlton Cold in front of the jukebox from some years back.

8/10/2005 03:53:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Now, you're not missing the meaning of 'shallow' here are you Tony?
Or have you somehow miraculously managed to capture the only attractive moment of a woman skulling beer in the entire ugly history of women skulling beer?

8/10/2005 04:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home