Glamorouse

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Top 10 reasons for me to be an ex-pat wife...

Inspired by the news that within the same week both Kim and I have had best friends suddenly posted to London. Caren, if you're reading this, I haven't rejected the idea of taking our FF points and heading over to stay with you. Chris, if you're reading this, honestly honey I wouldn't go without you and the kids. (Caren, I didn't mean that: it would just be me)

However, assuming my fantasies came true and the opportunity arose for Chris to be whisked away to some hotshot offshore job, fully-found, here is my list of 10 reasons to join him and become an ex-pat wife:

  1. Travel is so good for the children - preferably travel to corporate suites with Dial-an-Angel nanny accounts included in the contract.
  2. I can totally deal with any kind of weather. I can also totally deal with air-conditioning and clothing allowances.
  3. It's just not fair that I'm not one.
  4. Given the chance, and a decent exchange for the dollar, I promise I would pay my domestic staff above-award rates.
  5. I haven't played tennis since before the Pea Princess was conceived.
  6. The jealousy may endanger my immortal soul.
  7. Dinner parties are so much more fun without the mini sausage rolls.
  8. I'm double the age I thought I'd be before I worked overseas.
  9. I'd be willing to beg.
  10. I'd be willing to do a lot more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home